Indoor Air Quality
At Davis Modern Heating & Cooling, our priority is helping you to improve your indoor air quality (IAQ). Without taking measures to address indoor pollution, your health could be at risk for allergies, asthma, and other chronic illnesses.
Here in the United States, we spend more time indoors than ever before in our history. This can negatively affect our health as our indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than our Pennsylvania outdoor air.
Our indoor air quality professionals are well educated and experienced on effective systems for improving your home’s inside air. We continue to stay on top of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry and advancements made in this area to bring you the best at all times.
What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality?
Indoor air quality is affected by anything that releases gas or particles. Indoor environmental toxins exist in your Collegeville home’s air from various pollutants such as cleaning and personal-care products, smoking, burning of fossil fuel, and some types of treated wood and building materials.
Other contributors could be inadequate ventilation, unmaintained HVAC systems, and excessive moisture creating mold and bacteria.
What Are Symptoms of Poor Indoor Air Quality?
Many times symptoms of poor indoor quality are mistaken as respiratory issues like colds or allergies. Common acute health reactions are flu-like symptoms, dizziness, headaches, nose bleeds, fatigue, sore throats, and upper respiratory congestion.
Continual or repeated exposure to indoor pollutants can result in more serious health conditions like heart disease, respiratory diseases, and even cancer. The most proactive stance you can take to protect your family is to improve your Collegeville home’s indoor air quality.
What Davis Modern Heating & Cooling Recommends
We only offer the highest quality as well as the most effective and efficient systems to achieve excellent indoor air quality. Our air quality professionals are well trained on installing, replacing, repairing, and maintaining many different types of systems to help improve your home’s indoor air.
Though we work with various air quality systems, the ones we recommend time after time with the greatest results are:
- Air purifiers. Air purifiers attach to your existing HVAC system. They sanitize your home’s air by utilizing negative ions, ozone, heat, or ultraviolet (UV) or UVC lights.
- Air cleaners. Air cleaners attach to your existing HVAC system, requiring installation by a professional like one of our Davis Modern Heating & Cooling specialists. These cleaners filter the air, stopping pollutants like dust and pet dander from passing into your home for you to breathe.
- Electronic air cleaners. Electronic air cleaners attach to your HVAC unit. They use electronically charged filters to decrease the airborne contaminants in your home. The electronic air cleaner traps large particles, then electronically charged filters attract and trap the smaller particles.
- Ultraviolet (UV) lights. UV lights are installed in your HVAC unit. Air passing through the UV lamps destroys the microbes. The clean air then circulates through your Pennsylvania home where it is now safe for everyone.
- Whole-House dehumidifiers. Whole-house dehumidifiers attach to your HVAC system and regulate your home’s humidity level by removing excess moisture from your Collegeville home’s air. Too much moisture breeds mold and mildew, damaging your home’s interior and sending dangerous spores into your breathing air.
- Whole-House humidifiers. Whole-house humidifiers work in the opposite manner of dehumidifiers. Like the dehumidifier, these attach to your home’s HVAC system. But these systems distribute moisture into a too-dry atmosphere. A lack of moisture damages your home and can cause breathing and illness issues for you.
- Ventilators. Ventilation units work in conjunction with your HVAC system. Different ventilators like energy recovery ventilators (ERVs), heat recovery ventilators (HRVs), and exhaust fans help bring essential ventilation into your home to provide fresh air.
- Carbon-monoxide alarms. We install carbon monoxide alarms in your home to immediately alert you in the event of a dangerous carbon monoxide leak.
- Thermostats. Thermostats can help affect the condition of your air by controlling the temperature and humidity in your Collegeville home. Various inside temperatures activate different elements like your whole-house humidifier and whole-house dehumidifier. You can exert even more control by installing a smart thermostat and linking these other indoor air quality units to it.
For more information on any of these indoor air quality systems, talk with one of our Davis Modern Heating & Cooling professionals.
Indoor Air Quality System Installation and Replacement
Many of our indoor air quality systems integrate with your existing air ducts and require professional installation to ensure you get the best value from your investment. Our installation experts at Davis Modern Heating & Cooling will know which systems best match with your Pennsylvania home’s layout and HVAC equipment.
We provide sustainable solutions that will keep you and your loved ones comfortable for years to come.
Additionally, we offer financing options to help you with your indoor air quality investment. Speak to one of our team members for more information.
Indoor Air Quality System Repairs
Davis Modern Heating & Cooling not only installs air quality systems that can keep your home healthy and comfortable, but we repair them as well.
No one likes to experience an interruption in HVAC service, especially when that system is helping to reduce allergy and asthma triggers in your Collegeville home. If you suspect there is something wrong with your indoor air quality, call our professional team for a complete diagnosis and detailed repair quote. We do what it takes to get the job done right, and we are not satisfied until you are.
Our team is available 24/7 for indoor air quality emergencies. We are always here when you need us most.
Indoor Air Quality System Maintenance
Professional preventative maintenance helps avoid equipment breakdowns, and it extends the life of your HVAC system. It will also keep you compliant with your manufacturer’s warranty. Call us for regular inspections and tune-ups to keep your indoor air quality equipment running in top shape.
Ask us about our convenient and affordable maintenance agreement program, Davis Modern Service Plan. We can help you save money and take advantage of our plan’s perks.
Contact Us to Help Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
When you need to improve your home’s indoor air quality, our Davis Modern Heating & Cooling professionals are here in Pike Norristown, PA, to help. Your home’s air quality is critical to your well-being. You only want the best, so give us a call at 610-277-2656 or request service online today.